martes, enero 15, 2008

¡Libérenlos!

Ayer las FARC secuestraron a mi amigo Alf Onshuus y a su compañera Ana, junto con otros cuatro excursionistas. Alf es mi amigo desde que tenía quince años. Y hemos sabido entrecruzarnos en diversas etapas de la vida. Desde las fiestas en su casa de Contador, pasando por la universidad, por tertulias sobre filosofía de las matemáticas y sobre la naturaleza de los números en Platón y finalizando, curiosamente, en las parrandas vallenatas más coloridas que ha visto el barrio religioso de Giva'at Mordejai en Jerusalén.
Mis oraciones están con Alf, con Ana, con los 800 secuestrados y sus familias y amigos que, como yo, se preocupan y, en silencio, rezan.

Yesterday, somewhere in the jungles of Colombia, FARC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia- a terrorist guerilla group) kidnapped my good friend and schoolmate, Alf Onshuus, together with his wife and four more tourists. Your prayers for a speedy and safe liberation of them and the other 800 of FARC's kidnapees are appreciated.

Baruch Atta Hashem, matir asurim.
Blessed are You Hashem, who frees the captive.

8 comentarios:

aldemar dijo...

Lo siento profundamente... est'an en mis oraciones.

Anónimo dijo...

Gracias, mil gracias por mandarme a leer anoche el Salmo 121. Independientemente (creo) del grado de religiosidad de cada uno, la lectura de esos textos es siempre nueva y es siempre un alivio (o un desafío mental). En medio de la confusión brutal, me ayudó haber leído el Salmo - claro, sin la calma que debería tener, sin la claridad mental de otros momentos.

Apelaez dijo...

Interesante su blog, lo siento por su amigo secuestrado. Me gustaría saber que hace usted en Israel y en general mas sobre su situacion por allá.

Saludos

Corollarius dijo...

Y así como está en sus oraciones, está Alf también en mis pensamientos. Con tristeza me sumo al sentimiento, y a la esperanza de que los liberen pronto. Leeré el Salmo 121. Un abrazo grande Juan Pablo.
Felipe De Brigard

Anónimo dijo...

Hola,

My Spanish is weak, but I can pick out the idea of maintaining calm in the midst of stress....

I am curious what the connection is mentioned with Israel? Because I also associated what's happening in Columbia with the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. I am an outsider, just a friend of a friend...my emotions are entangled but my mind goes to problem-solving. What else can I offer? :-/

http://www.reflexivity.us/blog/archives/2008/01/the-bubble-thin.html

shaikai dijo...

Será poco, quizás, pero haremos lo que se pueda desde acá.

Anónimo dijo...

Hi Juan,

Thank you for replying, especially since my attempt to understand the larger situation felt painful (at best) and offensive (at worst). :-(

Neither of those effects are what I hope to bring to the problem.

I have been reading what I can find about the upcoming February 4th demonstrations; I learned of them only this morning. I know the situation is terrible; and I know I cannot imagine - really - HOW terrible it is for those of you who have already lost loved ones and fear you may lose more.

I definitely do not want to argue with you or cause more pain; I want only to find a way "in" to being a part of the solution. If possible, a solution that not only brings Alf and Ana home, but transforms this situation into something livable for everyone. Maybe this is my naivite, but I guess that many people living within/under FARC are not pleased with it either, and possibly, just maybe, there are even some persons in the authority structure who can be reached, encouraged, to find a different kind of power...

This is the way I think; that every "micro-situation" is a microcosm of the bigger picture. Alf and Ana were, as one saying has it, in the wrong place at the wrong time. BUT, there could be an effort to try to use the extra energy generated by the incredible community of spirit you all have organized to join with so many other forces pushing for real change, deep change, that there is a chance of a story being told about Alf and Ana being in the right place at the right time.

We have to work very, very hard, though, to make that story possible.

Apelaez dijo...

Bloom, me interesaria chatiar con usted o algo por el estilo. Mi mail es alejandro.pelaez@gmail.com. Saludos